Welcome to RoboCup Junior South Australia (RCJSA). The focus of RoboCupJunior is the development of teamwork skills as well technical skills in an environment of participation, fun and excitement. RoboCup Junior is open to students studying at a Primary School or Secondary School (or the equivalent e.g. home schooled). We aim to make our competition fun and competitive through encouraging teamwork and sharing of ideas. We encourage students to think creatively to develop solutions, mostly as members of a team of 2 or more, to the RoboCup Junior Challenges in OnStage, Rescue (line and maze), Soccer and Sumo using a range of platforms (e.g. EV3 / NXT / Arduino / Mbot etc.)
We are always grateful for the support of parents, teachers, schools, students, past students, interest groups and RCJA who help to make the competition a continued success.
If you are a new school looking to get into STEM or Robotics in a Robocup Junior setting, we can assist you with anything you need. All of our documentation can be found on the website which are linked to the National Curriculum.
If you would like to be an event sponsor or are interested in supporting RCJSA please contact us.
In addition, if you would like to host a workhop or have us come and support your school / group with a workshop, let us know and we can arrange something.
* Due the events of Covid-19 some events have been rescheduled to a later date including our end of Term 2 workshop and State event.
* Below are some of the amded dates up to now but please keep looking as these may change:
- Our Term 2 workshop has now been rescheduled for the 18th of August (registration for this will go up soon)
- The RCJSA State comp will likely be on Friday, the 23rd of October at St Peters College (starting times and venue maps will be provided once we have all the finer details confirmed)
* An official outlay of Terms 3 & 4 will be distributed in the next 2 weeks. We apologise for any inconvenience this is causing schools in their organisation of events.
* Please note events may be subject to change / cancellation, depending on the current climate closer to the event
|RCJSA Workshop (our biggest workshop of the year)||18th of August||EDC, Hindmarsh|
|RCJSA State competition (check website for cost) - Term 4||23rd of October||St Peters College|
|RCJSA Sumo comp||Term 4 - Date TBC||TBC|
|RCJA Australian Open Championships (postponed until 2021)||Adelaide Showgrounds|
The SA competition is coordinated by a dedicated small team of volunteers.
SA State Chair - Simon Coad
Vice Chair - Shane Singlehurst
Treasurer - Kim Coad
Secretary - Colin Becker
SA OnStage Coordinator / RCJA OnStage Coordinator- Simon Coad
Rescue Coordinator - Michael Russo
Soccer Coordinator / RCJA Soccer Coordinator - Shane Singlehurst
Sumo Coordinator - Patrick Spencer
Other Committee Members: Harry Hoogenhout, Rob Edwards, Matthew Kozirev, Steve Grant, Tom Griffith, Matthew Greenrod, Ray Gorostiga
We are also looking for new people to join our committee so if you are interested in that give us an email at one of the contacts below.
Contacts: Simon Coad, Chair Robocup SA firstname.lastname@example.org
Shane Singlehurst, Vice Chair RoboCup SA email@example.com
RCJSA committee firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrations for competitions can be found by following the links once the competition portal becomes active.
All competitiors MUST sign a Media Release Deed and submit it at Registration on the day. Failure to have this will result in not having those competitors allowed to compete.