2018 State Championships
When: Monday the 20th of August, Term 3
Where: EDC (Milner Street, Hindmarsh)
Entries must be in no later than Mon 13th August (one week prior to comp)
For more information contact : Simon Coad, Administrator RoboCupJunior SA firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost $35 per team for the competition
- payments can be made via EFT (this is provided with your invoice at time of onine registration)
- other methods of payment may be discussed prior to competition
- cash will not be accepted on the day
* Please note that if no payment is received on the day or prior then teams will be inelligable to compete*
ALL TEAMS MUST ALSO SIGN A MEDIA RELEASE FORM
Dance: Junior Dance (all children in a Primary institution with 2 or less years experience); Senior Dance (all children in a secondary institution with 2 or less years experience); Open Dance (any age level in a school instiution or a student(s) who have competed at 2 years of a dance competition)
Rescue: Primary Rescue (all children in a Primary institution); Secondary Rescue (all children in a secondary institution) ; Open Rescue (any age level in a school instiution or students who have competed at 2 years of Rescue); Maze (open to primary and secondary)
Soccer: Simple Simon Soccer (this is only held at State level); Standard League; Open League (will depend on participants and numbers)
Riley Rover: a division of Rescue which is restircted to a RileyRover base with the colour sensor/ultrasonic attachment is ideal (will only happen if the numbers allow)
Sumo:A new category that returned in 2017.
Conditions for the competitions
* you must bring your own laptops and have the Ev3 or NXT software uploaded as these are not provided on the day.
* please check the rules of each category if you are unsure of what is required to compete
Other information of interest with the competition:
- Time of the event is roughly 8:30am to 3pm (please be aware that this may change depending on numbers)
- We do understand that some schools are restricted by timeframes but our times can not be moved to accomodate this
- Awards for placings will be presented on the day, as well as awards for innovation, sportsmanship, journalling and excellence. Teams that leave proir to the competition concluding may not be eligible for some awards.
- each team / school must have a mentor with them at the competition (the offer to help from that mentor would be appreciated)
- A team constitutes 2 or more participants (where there is a singular competitor it must be show that they have done work with other students prior to comp in their journals or during interviews)
- teams / schools are allocted workspaces but only limited tables and chairs will be provided
- It is the responsibility of the metors to watch their students at all times and not allow them to raom freely around the venue. Failure to do so may see teams given a warning and then potential exclusion from the rest of their chosen competition.
* You must upload your music, and loogbooks thought the section marked under the registration tab* (this applies to Dance and Rescue - soccer may but they are not taken into consideration on the competition day and may be used for sharing purposes)
EARLY BIRD ENTRY : get your entries in before 1/8/18 to be considered to be in a prize draw (drawn at lunchtime of the competition)